Woodside Farm

Woodside Farm is a family run business based in the heart of Sherwood Forest. It has been in the Baugh family since the 1950s, now run by the 3rd generation Richard Baugh.


The pigs are reared by myself, Richard, my father and farm worker Jamie who make sure the pigs are happy and well looked after. Between us all we have nearly 100 years experience with pigs. In 1998 the farm was lucky enough to have a visit from HRH Prince Charles of Wales. Along with rearing pigs we also farm 700 sheep. We lamb at Easter time and then are straight into the hog roast season after this.

Bofs Hogs

Bofs Hogs, a premium hog roast company is based at Woodside Farm, with the pigs being outdoor reared on a neighbouring site a mile away. All of the pigs are outdoor reared by us, meaning we are there for every stage of the process. Working closely with award winning butcher Johnny Pustztai we ensure a perfect cut and preparation of our fantastic hogs for every event. A percentage of our pigs go to the Bofs Hogs business, but we also supply a lot of other local businesses and butchers, including a Michelin star restaurant in Nottingham.


The farm is very driven to be as self-sufficient as possible; growing 70% of its own corn requirement, buying in the other 30% from neighbouring farms, we also use all our own straw. The muck from the animals gets spread back on to the fields, to grow corn for the next year, thus completing the cycle.


The Baugh Family

Follow Us: @bofshogs

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon

© Bofs Hogs Woodside Farm